Tuesday 29 March 2016

I Would Have Succeeded, Too, If It Hadn't Been For That Meddling Cookie(s)!

Yep, you read that right. I would have had a full-on paleo day if it hadn't have been for those two cookies I consumed not 15 minutes ago. After a fantastic yoga workout, no less!

So, here I am to understand WHY I ate those two cookies, 30 minutes before I would be having dinner.

Yeah, for once there isn't a need to analyze the situation. It goes like this...

I finished a 30 minute yoga session in which I was hating on downward dog, but was happy that I held it for longer than normal. While lying in corpse pose, I heard my phone buzz. Ah, yes! There were interviews this afternoon. The first interview I saw was a decline.

That was why I ate the cookie. Because I am always so worried that I'm not doing well in my new role at work (not so new). I know how to hire problem solvers, empaths, and customer focused individuals, but I have this fear that I don't know how to hire a sales person (we're not talking your run-of-the-mill retail sales, "just browsing" sales associate, but those self-led, lead-generating, door-kicking sales people. Why? Because I've never worked sales. I know what it looks like, I even know what it sounds like. Maybe there just aren't that many door kickers out there.

So... Quest Time. I'm going to read a book on sales. I first need to find a book on sales. More specifically, a book on hiring strong sales people (maybe the wife would be up for a trip to Chapter's this evening?). I've read Dan Pink, who has taught me that I can sell, now I need something to teach me how to find that trait in other people.

The two cookies are logged, and behind me. I've got a delicious curry to prepare (read heat up, pre-cooked anyone?).

Oh! I also convinced the wife of a couple of things, which was awesome.
1. To book her advanced road test (which she did for this Saturday, despite her own fears, GO RORY!) so that I can start practicing my driving, and get my probationary licence (level 2 of the GDL).
2. Finish the taxes despite not having the RRSP max contributions (The CRA is NOT going to answer the phone 3 days before taxes are due because the wait times are likely 5 days long).
3. Get our passport photos done this weekend, and go apply for our passports that same day.

This will knock one quest off my EQ, and set me up for the next one. Once she passes the advanced road test, I've made a commitment to book my road test 3 months out. 20 seconds of courage is all it'll take (I even paused as I was typing that out, and asked myself whether that would be enough time... IT WILL HAVE TO BE).

No comments:

Post a Comment