Monday 28 March 2016

Adventure Time

I didn't sleep as well as I should have last night, and I know it was a result of what I ate.

What's really cool about the journey that I've been going down is that I'm starting to understand what my  body is telling me, and starting to get a really good picture of what works for me and what doesn't, food-wise.

Ultimately slept in, but still made the most of the day. Besides getting the computer fixed (and making a commitment to NOT install any games), the wife and I headed out to another park in our region. We walked for about 40 minutes through Bowmont Park.

Bowmont Park was affected by the floods in 2012, but seems to have really bounced back. We walked down to the river, skipped some rocks together, pet alllll the dogs, and even got to see a train, and solve a mystery around how it didn't derail off the clearly broken track hanging off the embankment (it turns out that the track is no longer broken, that the old track was just thrown to the side, and gave the appearance that it was a part of the current track).

We stopped at the grocery store on the way home from the park, and knowing I was a little hungry, I should have just waited in the car. Minimal damage, though! I walked away with a bag of unsalted cashews from the bulk section (totally within my rations), and we picked up a homemade pie for Easter Dinner (err, dessert). I'm paleo-ish, and the pie won't do any damage. In the past I would have bought all the Easter candy on sale, some baked goods from the bakery section (likely donuts), and something to wash it all down with. VICTORY!

The long weekend went by quickly, but as Einstein said, time is relative, so it must have been a damn fine weekend. I felt like we got a lot accomplished, although the wife is lamenting that she is sad that the weekend is almost over.

Our commute is an epic one. The wife drives me 30 minutes to work, and then another 30-45 minutes to her work, then at the end of the day, she repeats the route. We've decided that this week I'm going to trial taking the bus home. If I leave by 4:00 pm, rather than waiting for her to get there at 5:30 pm, I should be home by 5:00 pm. She's off at 4:30 pm, so she should be home by 5:00 pm as well. It will buy us an extra 1-1.5 hours of home time in the evening.

... I'll post on how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment